Use the following button
to log in or out
Name/title of event: How to submit a request to IRCC or CBSA under the Access to Information Act (ATI)& examine the record
Program date: August 31, 2020
This seminar will teach how to utilize the Federal Access to Information Act and Privacy Act, and Provincial Freedom of Information laws to assist clients. It will focus on what information is available and when a request is necessary or beneficial for a client.
Start and end times of event
1. Overview of privacy and access to information laws in Canada
2. Determining when access to government information is necessary
3. Specific situations requiring government information
4. How to obtain government information
(a) determining what information is available
(b) obtaining client consent
(c) completing and submitting applications
5. Understanding the request results
6. How to respond to inadequate request results
Canadian Career Education Education College is Registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005” © 2014-2020 Can-College. All Rights Reserved.