Use the following button
to log in or out
Name/title of event: Accessing Government Information in Immigration/Citizenship Matters
This seminar will teach how to utilize the Federal Access to Information Act and Privacy Act, and Provincial Freedom of Information laws to assist clients. It will focus on what information is available and when a request is necessary or beneficial for a client.
1. Overview of privacy and access to information laws in Canada
2. Determining when access to government information is necessary
3. Specific situations requiring government information
4. How to obtain government information
(a) determining what information is available
(b) obtaining client consent
(c) completing and submitting applications
5. Understanding the request results
6. How to respond to inadequate request results
Canadian Career Education Education College is Registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005” © 2014-2020 Can-College. All Rights Reserved.