Log in

CAN-college - LMS

Can-College is a Government-approved ISP and a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)- number is: O262228554872

Use the following button

to log in or out

What is a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) and how does this apply to my study visa or permit application?

  • February 27, 2020 7:05 PM
    Message # 8780878
    Service Administrator (Administrator)

    To study in Canada the first requirement is to get an LOA and apply for a study visa or permit and complete study. Once you complete the study the work permit option becomes available on a case-to-case basis. This visa and permit process starts with the LOA (letter of acceptance from a DLI), not with the eligibility of a PGWP. Common sense says if the student cannot get an LOA and subsequently a visa or permit, there is no option for completing the study in Canada and PGWP.

    Regardless of the option of PGWP, the student can work while enrolled in a full-time eligible course, which could be a vocation skills-based diploma program or a degree program.

    There are thousands of applicants around the world having different circumstances and educational credentials which may not qualify them for admission to a community college or other college due to several reasons, including not having good grades, minimal education and other requirements, or a gap in study.

    If you are a new applicant there is a lot more to learn and know about the student admissions and beyond. Can-College helps you with all this without any obligation. 
    Please use this link to attend our free online live interactive seminars for in-depth knowledge based on legal and serious discussion which may help you to improve your knowledge.

Canadian Career Education Education College is Registered as a private career college under the Ontario Career Colleges Act, 2005”  © 2014-2024 Can-College. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software